In what was a banner-year for the transactional team at Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP (MSW), the firm helped clients close over $1,500,000,000 in commercial real estate transactions throughout the country. Providing a full suite of legal services to the commercial real estate industry, the firm regularly represents a wide range of clients, including institutional funds, lenders, developers, family offices and private investors in connection with the most complex transactional matters.
In 2022, the firm represented the following:
- National bank in connection with a $125,000,000 revolving credit facility to a company in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Seller in connection with $110,000,000 sale of industrial building in Warren County, NJ.
- Borrower in connection with closing a $106,000,000 term loan for corporate working capital, secured by business assets and real estate in three states.
- Borrower in connection with $90,000,000 mortgage and mezzanine construction financing for the first phase of a major redevelopment project in Morris County, NJ.
- Private equity firm in connection with loan modification and extension of $87,892,275 loan secured by office complex in San Francisco, CA.
- Borrower in connection with $78,000,000 refinancing of multifamily apartment complex in Hackensack, NJ.
- Private equity fund in connection with $73,500,000 sale of 282,869 SF industrial warehouse in Jamaica (Queens), NY.
- Seller in connection with $58,125,000 sale of 164,000 SF office complex in Burlington, MA.
- National lender in connection with $50,000,000 in term debt secured by a portfolio of Class A multifamily and office assets in Mercer and Hunterdon County, NJ.
- International bank in connection with a $31,000,000 A Note/B Note structured mortgage loan for an apartment building in Hudson County, NJ.
- International bank in connection with a $29,000,000 mortgage loan for an industrial property in Hudson County, NJ.
About MSW Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in commercial real estate, with robust transactional, corporate, finance, and land use expertise.
The firm’s attorneys regularly represent businesses, investors, and lenders in complex real estate and commercial transactions, and banking and financing matters. The firm’s attorneys also routinely represent clients in connection with the procurement of planning, zoning, and other development approvals, and help clients identify, negotiate, and secure real estate and economic development incentives, such as tax credits, tax abatements and exemptions, and other forms of non-dilutive financing.
With offices in Newark and New York City, MSW was founded to provide effective, efficient, practical and creative legal and advisory services to meet the distinctive needs of our clients. Our attorneys have broad private and public sector experience, coming from top national law firms and high-level governmental positions. Through the development of individualized, client-focused strategies, our team works tirelessly to create a blueprint for success and advance our clients’ interests in every matter.
For more information concerning our transactional real estate practice groups, please contact: CHRIS J. MURPHY, ESQ.
Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in commercial real estate and development matters. Headquartered in Newark, NJ, the firm was founded to provide effective, efficient, and creative legal services to meet the distinctive needs of our clients. Through the development of comprehensive legal strategies, our team works tirelessly to create a blueprint for success and advance our clients’ interests in every matter.