While the third quarter of 2023 was filled with continued uncertainty in the commercial real estate market, the Murphy Schiller & Wilkes (MSW) transactional team remained busy, helping our clients navigate difficult markets, both locally and nationally.
In Q3 2023, the firm represented the following:
- Private equity fund in connection with modification of $96,000,000 loan for a mixed-use medical office/multifamily building in San Francisco, CA.
- Developer in connection with obtaining a $90,000,000 tax credit award under the Aspire Tax Credit Program for a 14-story, 350-unit multifamily development in Newark, NJ.
- Lender in connection with the modification of a $57,000,000 loan for an office building in Arlington, VA.
- Developer in connection with obtaining a $49,500,000 tax credit award under the Aspire Tax Credit Program for a multifamily development in Newark, NJ.
- International bank in connection with a $23,500,000 construction loan for a multifamily residential building in Essex County, NJ.
- Seller in connection with the $22,000,000 sale of a hotel in Louisville, KY.
- Lender in connection with a $20,000,000 junior mezzanine loan in connection with multifamily development in Harrison, NJ.
- Developer in connection with an $18,400,000 permanent financing for an industrial building in Mercer County, NJ.
- Purchaser in connection with $11,000,000.00 acquisition and financing of industrial building in Piscataway, NJ.
- Seller in connection with the $8,350,000.00 sale of a hotel in Stillwater, OK.
- New Jersey bank in connection with a $5,675,000 refinance of a portfolio of Philadelphia, PA multifamily assets.
- Lender in connection with a $4,225,000 mortgage and leasehold improvement loan for a single-tenant property in Morris County, NJ.
- International bank in connection with a $3,525,000 mortgage loan for a New York Industrial Development Agency backed project in Hudson, NY.
Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in commercial real estate and development matters. Headquartered in Newark, NJ, the firm was founded to provide effective, efficient, and creative legal services to meet the distinctive needs of our clients. Through the development of comprehensive legal strategies, our team works tirelessly to create a blueprint for success and advance our clients’ interests in every matter.