While the second quarter of 2022 was filled with some uncertainty caused by rising interest rates, the Murphy Schiller & Wilkes (MSW) transactional team remained incredibly busy, helping our clients close significant deals, both locally and nationally.
In Q2 2022, the firm represented the following:
- Borrower in connection with $90,000,000 mortgage and mezzanine construction financing for the first phase of a major redevelopment project in Morris County, NJ.
- Borrower in connection with $78,000,000 refinancing of multifamily apartment complex in Hackensack, NJ.
- Seller in connection with $27,000,000 sale of 66-unit apartment complex in South Orange, NJ.
- Seller in connection with $24,750,000 sale of hotel property in Birmingham, AL.
- International bank in connection with $24,500,000 construction loan for an apartment building in Newark, NJ.
- Borrower in connection with $24,000,000 refinance of a 200-unit apartment complex in Jersey City, NJ.
- Developer in connection with $13,000,000 construction loan for development of industrial warehouse in Logan Township, NJ.
- Purchaser in connection with the acquisition of $8,700,000 site for the development of 100 apartment units in Newark, NJ.
- Lender in connection with $6,600,000 acquisition loan for an industrial building in Bergen County, NJ.
Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in commercial real estate and development matters. Headquartered in Newark, NJ, the firm was founded to provide effective, efficient, and creative legal services to meet the distinctive needs of our clients. Through the development of comprehensive legal strategies, our team works tirelessly to create a blueprint for success and advance our clients’ interests in every matter.