While the first quarter of 2023 was filled with continued uncertainty in the commercial real estate market, caused in part by rising interest rates, the Murphy Schiller & Wilkes (MSW) transactional team remained busy, helping our clients close significant deals, both locally and nationally. In Q1 2023, the firm represented the following:
- Private equity firm in connection with the modification of $105,000,000 loan secured by an office building in San Francisco, CA.
- Private equity firm in connection with the modification of $81,000,000 loan secured by an office building in Chicago, IL.
- Developer in connection with $42,000,000 permanent loan from Life Insurance Company for industrial building in Hudson County, NJ.
- Private equity firm in connection with the modification of $33,450,000 loan secured by office buildings in Seattle, WA.
- Regional bank in connection with a $25,000,000 discretionary line of credit to a New Jersey-based construction company.
- Developer in connection with $14,000,000 permanent loan from Life Insurance Company for industrial building in Gloucester County, NJ.
- National bank in connection with a $12,000,000 construction to permanent loan conversion in Mercer County, NJ
- Private real estate investor in connection with the $3,000,000 refinance of a net leased property in Passaic County, NJ.
- International bank in connection with a $3,000,000 mortgage refinance of industrial property in Los Angeles, CA.
- Specialty food importer and distributor in connection with a $2,800,000 debt restructuring and refinance of real estate and business assets in Hudson County, NJ.
- Tenant in connection with lease of 240,000 SF industrial building in Phillipsburg, NJ.
- Landlord in connection with lease of 160,000 SF warehouse facility in Rahway, NJ.
Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in commercial real estate and development matters. Headquartered in Newark, NJ, the firm was founded to provide effective, efficient, and creative legal services to meet the distinctive needs of our clients. Through the development of comprehensive legal strategies, our team works tirelessly to create a blueprint for success and advance our clients’ interests in every matter.