Despite uncertainty in the commercial real estate market going into 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Murphy Schiller & Wilkes (MSW) transactional practice groups have had an incredibly busy second quarter. Having closed major transactions in multiple jurisdictions, the firm predicts an increase in transactions in the coming months as the world begins to get back to some form of normal and clients look for opportunities in all asset classes in response to an increase in demand.
We have recently represented the following:
- Developer in connection with $94,000,000 construction loan for multi-family development in Newark, NJ.
- Borrower in connection with a $48,500,000 senior lien term loan secured by real estate and business assets located in 4 states.
- International bank in connection with the closing of a $27,500,000 secured revolving line of credit for New Jersey-based operating entity.
- Borrower in connection with $17,150,000 loan modification for assisted living facility in Arvada, Colorado.
- Borrower in connection with $11,950,000 loan modification for assisted living facility in Grapevine, Texas.
- Developer in sale of $10,000,000 fully entitled development site in Lehigh Valley, PA.
- International bank in connection with the simultaneous closing of a cross-collateralized $10,000,000 uncommitted line of credit, a $9,000,000+ mortgage loan and a $4,000,000+ mortgage loan to a wholesale distributor, secured by business assets and industrial properties in New Jersey and New York.
- Seller in connection with sale of $8,100,000 development site in Clifton, NJ.
- Buyer in connection with $6,600,000 purchase of industrial building in Hillburn, NY.
- Seller in connection with $6,500,000 sale of retail shopping center in Eatontown, NJ.
- Purchaser in connection with acquisition of $1,550,000 build-to-suit Dollar General Store NNN property in Sulphur Springs, Arkansas.
- Tenant in connection with +/- 200,000 SF build-to-suit lease (with purchase option) for distribution center to be constructed in Freehold, NJ.
- Tenant in connection with +/- 150,000 SF distribution center lease in Robbinsville, NJ.
Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in commercial real estate and development matters. Headquartered in Newark, NJ, the firm was founded to provide effective, efficient, and creative legal services to meet the distinctive needs of our clients. Through the development of comprehensive legal strategies, our team works tirelessly to create a blueprint for success and advance our clients’ interests in every matter.