Despite uncertainty in the commercial real estate market due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Murphy Schiller & Wilkes (MSW) transactional practice groups have had an incredibly busy first quarter. Having closed major transactions in multiple jurisdictions, the firm predicts an increase in transactions in the coming months as the world begins to get back to some form of normal and clients look for opportunities in all asset classes in response to an increase in demand.
We have recently represented the following:
- Borrower in connection with $41,500,000 construction loan for multi-family development project in Bloomfield, NJ.
- Seller in connection with $35,600,000 sale of biotech facility in Florham Park, NJ.
- Seller in connection $17,500,000 sale of mixed-used building in Newark, NJ.
- Purchaser in connection with $5,250,000 acquisition of multi-family redevelopment site in Plainfield, NJ.
- Senior mezzanine lender in connection with negotiation of Assignment in Lieu Agreement concerning $4,000,000 mezzanine loan for a multi-family development in Houston, TX.
- Seller in connection with $3,850,000 sale of development site in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.
- Purchaser in connection with $3,500,000 acquisition of multi-family building in Hoboken, NJ.
- Major international bank in connection with a $2,000,000 revolving line of credit and $5,000,000 mortgage loan to a chocolate distributor.
- Pennsylvania-based bank in connection with a $5,300,000 non-revolving credit line to support a development project in Essex County.
- Major international bank in connection with a $2,400,000 mortgage loan for the acquisition of an industrial building in Connecticut.
Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in commercial real estate and development matters. Headquartered in Newark, NJ, the firm was founded to provide effective, efficient, and creative legal services to meet the distinctive needs of our clients. Through the development of comprehensive legal strategies, our team works tirelessly to create a blueprint for success and advance our clients’ interests in every matter.