Following an incredibly unpredictable year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, 2021 has started off strong for the Murphy Schiller & Wilkes (MSW) Land Use Team. Having obtained approvals for major projects throughout the State, the firm predicts an increase in project flow over the coming months as the world begins to get back to some form of normal and developers look for opportunities to develop all asset classes in a response to an increase in demand.
- Represented institutional developer in connection with approvals for the construction of a 420,000 square foot distribution center in Elmwood Park, NJ.
- Represented national self-storage developer in connection with approvals for the construction of a 120,000 square foot self-storage facility in Toms River, NJ.
- Represented quick-service restaurant (QSR) chain in connection with approvals for a new restaurant in Randolph, NJ.
- Represented developer in connection with approvals for the construction of a 44,400 square foot industrial warehouse in Monroe Township, NJ.
- Represented institutional developer in connection with approvals for a 120,000 square foot industrial warehouse in Newark, NJ.
- Represented client in connection with the development of a five-story mixed-use building in Plainfield, NJ.
About the MSW Land Use Team
MSW regularly serves as land use and zoning counsel to developers, property owners, and businesses throughout New Jersey. The firm’s land use attorneys work closely with clients and project professionals to establish a proper legal and regulatory framework for a project’s design and construction, and help clients navigate the State’s complex land use process to ensure that they receive all of the necessary government approvals and permits in a timely and cost-effective manner. The firm’s attorneys appear before local land use boards and other governmental bodies in connection with planning, zoning, and other land use approvals.
In addition, the firm’s attorneys perform land use and zoning due diligence to determine a project’s feasibility, and structure land use related provisions in purchase and sale agreements and leases. MSW also represents developers in the negotiation of redevelopment agreements, and in the procurement of tax abatements and exemptions and other public incentives needed to make a development project economically viable.
Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in commercial real estate and development matters. Headquartered in Newark, NJ, the firm was founded to provide effective, efficient, and creative legal services to meet the distinctive needs of our clients. Through the development of comprehensive legal strategies, our team works tirelessly to create a blueprint for success and advance our clients’ interests in every matter.